Wednesday, March 12, 2008

My little nature girl.




Laurelai has become quite the little nature girl. She would rather be outside than anywhere else. We go to a park that has a 3 1/2 mile nature trail as often as possible. She loves looking for squirrels, chipmunks, geese and ducks. The other day we saw a snake on the trail. The typical little girl would have ran screaming. Not Laurelai! She wanted to go right up to it. I had to pick her up and literally carry her away from it. The whole time she was saying, "Hi Snake, how are you today snake?" Once we got safely away from it, she didn't understand why we couldn't go back and see it. I love that she is such a free spirit and is not easily scared. She is so outgoing and always has fun wherever we go.
Laurelai is already looking forward to her birthday party in Apirl. She is the one that brought it up first, not me. She told me she wants to have cake, balloons and presents. We went to Party City yesterday to pick out what kind of party she wants to have. I thought for sure she'd pick out something with Disney princesses or Tinkerbell. Nope, my girl is going to have a Curious George party. She's all excited and I think it's pretty cool. She can be a girlie girl when she wants to be, but she's also a tough little cookie that can get rough and tumble with the best of them. I don't know how I got so lucky when God gave her to me, but I sure am loving her personality and am enjoying watching her grow..

No comments:

Lilypie 4th Birthday Ticker